Dry skin is one of the main skin problems you can have and if it is winter then it is like hell to deal with dry skin. White patches, dullness, itchy flakes are the signs of the dry skin. You should moisturize the dry skin regularly as dry skin can cause early aging, wrinkles and fine lines on the skin. There are many items in your kitchen which you can use as dry skin homemade mask to nourish the skin.
Some useful tips:
- Everyone has different skin types, so it is not necessary that if something suits others very well, it will surely suit you also. Just try out the things and get to know what suits you best.
- Some people have sensitive skin, so it’s advisable that before applying anything new on the skin, have a patch test on the wrist or elbow to avoid any skin allergy.
- For dry skin, do not use alcohol based products. Be it toner or cleanser, it should be alcohol free as alcohol dehydrates the skin.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in hydrating the skin from inside.
- Exfoliation is a must. Exfoliate your skin at least once a week as it helps in removing the dead cells and those white itchy flakes and gives smooth skin.
Dry skin homemade mask:
- Avocado face mask:
Avocados are super hydrating food for the skin. They nourish the skin deeply and help in making it smooth and youthful. You can mix some fine avocado paste with honey, carrot or eggs and use it as a skin mask.
- Brown sugar scrub:
Brown sugar is known as the best exfoliating ingredient. It not only removes the dead skin, but also moisturizes the skin and leaves a hydrating effect. You can mix some brown sugar with honey and coconut oil and exfoliate the skin. One point to be noted is that it can cause irritation on the sensitive skin, so first test the patch.
- Milk mask:
Milk is known as the hydrating ingredient. It helps in retaining the skin moisture and the lactic acid of milk is helpful in removing the dead skin and keeping the bacteria away. You can take milk powder and mix it with honey, aloe vera and essential oils and apply on the face.
- Turmeric face mask:
Turmeric has antibacterial and antioxidant properties which make the skin glowing and keeps the microbes away from the skin. It reduces the inflammation and brightens the face. Mix some turmeric in gram flour, honey and coconut oil and apply on the face.
Try out these Dry skin homemade mask and see what suits your best. Then continue with that for your skin care routine.